GRANTS, N.M. — One of two defendants charged in connection with the Oct. 21 homicide in Milan has been ordered held in custody after a district judge granted the State’s request to revoke his pretrial release, according to court records obtained by the Cibola Citizen.
The homicide charges stems from an Oct. 21 shooting that New Mexico State Police previously said occurred after an encounter involving Dominic Jaramillo, Adrian Murrietta and 18-yearold victim, Myron Sandoval.
NMSP has said Sandoval was killed in the exchange of gunfire.
The case remains pending in 13th Judicial District Court, and all defendants are presumed innocent unless and until proven guilty in a court of law.
Murrietta Detained After Alleged Release Violations
Court records show State of New Mexico v. Adrian E. Murrietta (case number D-1333-CR202500128) was filed Nov. 17, 2025, and assigned to District Judge Amanda Sanchez Villalobos.
Murrietta is charged with Second Degree Murder (a second-degree felony) and Tampering with Evidence (a third-degree felony), with charge dates tied to Oct. 21, 2025.
Murrietta was previously released in the detention- stage case file D-1333-PD-202500012, where the court docket reflects pretrial preventive detention was denied on Nov. 17, 2025, and the court ordered release conditions that included reporting immediately to pretrial services for placement of a GPS monitor for house arrest.
More recently, records in the criminal case show a sequence of filings and notices in early December, including a Non-Compliance Report with drug testing.
On Dec. 10, the State filed a motion to revoke or modify release.
According to information received by the Cibola Citizen, Judge Villalobos held a hearing on Dec. 11 on the State’s motion seeking revocation of Murrietta’s release and detention until trial or resolution of the charges.
The court docket for Dec. 11 also reflects an “Order Remanding Defendant to Custody,” marked “Remanded — On This Case Only.”
In the same case file, a pretrial conference/docket call is scheduled for June 1, 2026, and a jury trial is set for June 22, 2026, according to the court’s scheduling order.
Jaramillo Case Sill Pending; Request Filed to Set Trial Proceedings
Court records show State of New Mexico v. Dominic Emillio Jaramillo (D1333-CR-202500127) was filed Nov. 17, 2025, also assigned to Judge Villalobos.
In that case file, Jaramillo is charged with Second Degree Murder, Shooting at or from a Vehicle (death) (both second-degree felonies), and Tampering with Evidence (a third-degree felony), with charge dates tied to Oct. 21, 2025.
The register of actions reflects an arraignment held Nov. 18, and subsequent court filings including amended and standard conditions of release and an order of release dated Nov. 19, indicating he was released “in these cases only” under pretrial services conditions. The docket also shows that on Dec. 10, the State filed a request for hearing/setting for a docket call/jury trial in Jaramillo’s case.
Court records obtained by the Citizen did not list a trial date for Jaramillo at the time of this update on Dec. 16.
What’s Changed Since November
In November, the Citizen reported that both defendants in the Milan homicide matter had been released under court-ordered conditions at different stages of the proceedings.
The most significant new development is that Murrietta has now been ordered back into custody following the Dec. 11 hearing on alleged release violations, while Jaramillo’s felony case remains active with trial-setting activity reflected in the docket.
The Citizen will continue following both cases and report additional updates as new hearings are scheduled or new court filings become available.